Members of our team were involved in the design, development and implementation of an enterprise scale software system providing modules integrating all key hotel business cases in one ERP. Modules were developed as applications using .NET Framework with SQL Server as a backbone, and designed for effortless implementation, maintenance, and deployment, paying special attention to scalability. All modules used a single client application shell that provided access to all modules through a switchboard, depending on user login credentials.
General key features:
- all modules were built with an in-house developed application framework that enabled fast and flexible application development and change tracking and implementation
- enterprise-level user accounts with easily configurable role-based security
- fast and effortless versioning (deployment using ClickOnce technology)
- personalized configuration based on parameters which could be added or changed in real time
- user experience and usability (all modules maintain the same look and feel, configurable shortcuts, messaging)
- document management and reporting
Property management (PMS)
PMS module enabled management of all hotel bedding capacity in one place, providing services such as capacity configuration (property types, rooms, amenities), rates and prices through seasons.
Sales and CRM modules
Centralized sales module served as a module that a sales department could use for managing an entire hotel system in one place. It provided services such as:
- expense tracking,
- financial planning,
- integration with a CRM module that contained all customers and contacts.
- Web booking channels management and parameters for hotel web booking application (mapping rates, services and capacities, booking stop and start).
Front office/back office module
Front office operations, including everything a hotel needs to use on a day-to-day basis for booking, rooming and billing operations. The module was designed for all types of guests (individuals, corporate, groups, congress..), integrated with sales-configurable rates management and provided a fast and all-encompassing reporting system.
Other key features included:
- booking and rooming system,
- billing integrated with POS systems,
- managing guest boarding plans and expenses, as well as services,
- expense and discounts tracking,
- advance payments,
- visual overview in the form of an interactive timesheet showing booked and roomed guests and rooms over a period of time,
- night audits that provided daily data crunch into statistics, preparation of expenses and prognosis and journals, preparing reports for sales and management, preparing data files for the local tourist community, data transfers to external systems,
- document templates for reservations,
- interfaces with other hotel systems, including minibar, telephone, keys and locks, and other external bookkeeping systems,
- technical department and quality control management (tracking malfunctions and repair plans)
Several mobile and web applications were developed to serve daily operations of housemaids and the technical department, enabling tracking of room cleaning, minibar usage, room defects and malfunctions. Modules were installed on tablets and interfaced directly to front and back office systems.
A web application with a customizable interface was specially designed to provide booking services and integrate with the sales module. Booking a stay included three simple well designed wizard-like steps (pages) that led guests through availability, checking and submitting personal data, as well as booking a stay and receiving a confirmation. Booking could also be cancelled through a special page using a unique confirmation ID. The module was developed to easily integrate with the hotel web site, as well as a standalone web app module interfacing with hotel systems.
Food & beverage module
This module encapsulates restaurant and bar management, preparing data and parameters for use in POS systems and accepting and auditing data from the latter.
- material and product management,
- POS registers management, staff and hardware management,
- norms, pricelists, menus management,
- consumption planning,
- manufacture (ex. pastry),
- real time registers supervision,
- sequences, happy hour, visual table arrangement,
- reporting system.
Material bookkeeping and warehouses module
The warehouse and materials management module served as a backbone for the F&B module, as well as for posting material consumptions.
- warehouse management,
- materials and stock management,
- posting consumptions,
The point of service module included all operations used by waiters in bars and hotel restaurants. The module directly interfaced with the food and beverages module and, along with providing payment and shift management functionality, it also prepared data for F&B and controlling modules.
Controlling (BI) module
This special module was developed with BI and data mining in mind, that connected to existing statistical and physical data prepared in daily and night audits from all systems, and using a custom made BI tool that provided data transformations and reporting services. It was used, for example, in the sales department for tracking statistics and planning using indexes, and in food and beverage management for tracking revenue based on personnel, menu configuration, payment types and other dimensional data.
Medical module for spas
A special module was developed for handling daily operations with spa customers and medical patients staying in hotels. It provided integration with front office systems and a custom interface connecting with healthcare database systems using HL7 standard messages.
This is a module for creating invoices based on data gathered from other sources (modules).
- posting daily turnover on the basal area,
- reception of data from all other modules and subsystems,
- preparation and transmission of data to external systems,
- info systems,
- preparation of business records,
- Balance, Profit and Loss.